Friday, May 20, 2005

MY ART SUPPLIER WROTE "RANDOM RULES"



I just found out that David Berman from the Silver Jews is mailing me one of the 15 rejected 12x12 cover art paintings that Steve Keene gave to him for The Arizona Record in 1993, exactly 15 minutes before both of them blasted into super-stardom. One of the many, many, many perks of being an obsessive net stalker to indie rock hot shots.

All I know about the painting is that it's a western scene, it will arrive to me in a cardboard tube, Berman himself posted notice of his sale on the Jews Bulletin Board, and I supplied the Drag City recording artist with $10 for shipping and handling.

6 Comments:

Blogger sqrl said...

bastard.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,
you sent $10?
I wondered how much people were sending.
I'm a naturally skeptical type, so I'm going to believe it when I see it.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Hamburger Burglar (from MacDonalds) said...

believe what when you see it? didn't you win one too? my address was on that list same as yours, MISTER TACOS JESSICA.

sqrl, don't hate.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dr. cool,
I'm hoping it's real.
I'm hoping the postman doesnt screw everything up.
I was skeptical about if I would ever see the 1885 map of Galveston I left in Austin a couple years ago, but about 6 months later that came in a cardboard tube.
I was in a conversation just yesterday about how I wish I could see what the 15 different covers looked like. Here's to hoping that the lucky receivers post pictures.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Hot Karl, you lucky shit.

7:46 PM  
Blogger hackmuth said...

mine arrived the other day -- an indian scene, very cool. ill post it at dust congress hopefully tuesday if the person who took the pic gets around to emailing back to me by then.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home