Wednesday, May 11, 2005

DATURA SIGHTING!

Hark! For I have finally spied a datura meteloides, the plant about which I had been talking on Sunday's post. It was the subsequent Monday that I spied it. The datura was growing on a roadside embankment and creek bed near the confluence of Mt. Acadia Road and the private driveway leading to the Tecolote Canyon golf course in the Clairemont/Bay Park/Linda Vista neighborhood of San Diego. I was out doing GPS mapping for my internship with the Parks and Recreation Department and performed a classic double-take upon my spying it. "Eureka!" I exclaimed, and leaned in for an introductory whiff of the plant I have been hoping to stumble upon for years now. The flower's fragrance, unfortunately, was not the rotten and foul one I had been led to believe it posessed but instead was devoid of any scent characteristics at all.

That is, besides the sweet smell of victory, for I have finally spied the datura stramonium in its natural habitat. Trip report detailing the mystical psychoactive journey I embarked upon after injesting its roots forthcoming.


IN OTHER NEWS
it's finals week and that's my excuse for not posting as frequently as usual. What's that? You hadn't even noticed? I'm making a big deal out of nothing? Yes, you're probably right. Finals week always makes me so paranoid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home