Saturday, July 23, 2005

SMOKING CATS CASH THEIR FIRST NEW PAYCHECK AND GO BUY A WIRELESS ROUTER THAT WAS ON SALE FOR ONLY $65.00 -- HEY, THAT'S A PRETTY GOOD DEAL!

Hi so I'm posting on my blog, High Plains Business Loop, again so that means I found a job. The job I found is as a recruiter for a La Jolla market research firm. They are paying me $9/hour to call folks from their consumer database and screen them to see if they qualify for focus groups. I ask them questions like, "do you wear contact lenses?" and if they do I ask them "okay, and are you a male between the ages of 18 and 29?" and if they say they are I say "alright, and do you regularily participate in outdoor sports or exercise activities?" and if they tell me they do I respond with "I see, and how many hours per week do you estimate you participate in these activities" and so on and so forth until, hopefully, I've booked several of them for the study and mail them out a postcard with directions to our office and then maybe go take a break in the breakroom or do some data entry or call moms about organic baby food brands they prefer or talk to people who have a total annual household income of $40,000-$65,000 if they purchase fruit-blended smoothie beverages from speciality shops or pre-made ones from grocery stores more often and if the former option, could they please tell me which.

They have me working 4o hours a week and I get paid lunches and breaks, so the money is adequate. The 60+-minute commute from my parents' Caucasian Palace at the Homeowner's Association Ranch to the swanky white-collar glitz of UTC is a real fly in my Pellegrino Sparkling Water (that is an obtuse analogy for an unpleasant facet of my new job) but I needed the money and now I have the money, so I'm not complaining, even though I just did.

And like I said, I went to Fry's this A.M. and purchased a great new wireless router for my Cyberwebbery. I'm typing this on my lap-top in the living room and preparing to transmit to the Cyberweb wirelessly. INCREDIBLE. Like McDonalds, I'm lovin' it.

There is also new and cool stuff to talk about, like the new Silver Jews album or the free passes to a waterpark in Irvine Melissa scored for us, and things like that or not at all like that, but I will discuss it later because my computer battery is all like "help me I am dying please save work immediately" so bye

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2-hour drive for a 4 hour shift? That's bad math.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Hamburger Burglar (from MacDonalds) said...

well they've since re-scheduled me to work 9-5 M-F. so what's bad math now? i'll tell you what: your mom.

and i guess i was exaggerating a bit; it's not really a 2-hour drive. 30-40 minutes to get there, but there is always the potential for accidents and bad traffic jams (first i typed "traffic james") that would delay me considerable.

guess where i ate tonight. that's right, you guessed it: THE RED LOBSTER.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Traffic James - good name for a band. Better than "Jesus Jackson" at least.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home