Wednesday, April 20, 2005

THEY PUT PROPOFOL IN MY BLOODS

i slowly type this post with my left hand to let you know my right one is snug inside a plaster cast and nestled into a sling. yesterday i had surgery on the flexor tendon in my right middle finger to sew up the laceration i accidentally gave myself at work on the first of the month (i'm a framer at an art gallery and i had a 36" x 30" sheet of uv conservation clear glass break under my paw). since then, i haven't been able to use my middle finger, rendering my hand no more useful than a toddler's when it comes to gripping operations.

had the pleasure of experiencing anasthesia (time travel) yesterday for the first time and that was a big treat. the cast, though, is a total drag. despite being heavy and cumbersome and a bitch to take into the shower or sleep with, it's going to put a damper on my posting for the next two weeks.

luckily for me though, i can use my left hand to dial a telephone with great ease, which i will be doing later to order me up some temporary disability benefit checks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home