Friday, April 15, 2005

TO HIS CREDIT, SCALIA DID HAVE SOME GOOD IDEAS

Pat Sajak's personal website! Though the guy's clearly an enormous douche who most likely verbally assaults his tennis opponents after too many singapore slings at his Beverly Hills compound and sleeps in a waterbed with a stereo built into the headboard that repeatedly plays "Eye in the Sky" by the Alan Parsons Project (to paraphrase David Berman), I must admit I'm in love with the fact his personal website is designed with the Miami Vice motif. One of the most graceful transitions from 1987 to the Internet that I've ever seen.

What's on Pat's mind? A glance at his blog, "Sajak Says," provides excellent insight to his psyche. And in that psyche lies a deep hatred of liberals. Here's some of The PuzzleMaster's musings from an entry entitled, "Arguing with liberals, and why I've stopped."

Every time I argue with a Liberal, I’m reminded of quarrels I used to have with my parents. The battles never seemed fair because my folks decided what the rules were and what was out of bounds. In addition, because they were parents, they could threaten me in ways I couldn’t threaten them, and they could say things I could never say.

Recently, for example, I was discussing the United Sates Supreme Court with on
[sic] of my many Liberal friends out in Los Angeles when she said, without any discernable embarrassment, that Justice Anton Scalia was “worse than Hitler”. Realizing she wasn’t alive during World War II and perhaps she may have been absent on those days when her schoolmates were studying Nazism, I reminded her of some of Hitler’s more egregious crimes against humanity, suggesting she may have overstated the case. She had not; Scalia was worse. As I often did when my parents threatened to send me to my room, I let the conversation die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home